Let me see if I have this straight…..
* If youÂ grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you’re “exotic, different.”
* Grow up inÂ Alaska eating mooseÂ burgers, a quintessential American story.
* If your name is Barack you’re a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* Name your kids Willow, Trig andÂ Track, and you’re a maverick.
* Graduate from Harvard law School and be President of the Law Review, and you areÂ unstable.
* Attend 5 different small colleges beforeÂ graduating, you’re well grounded.
* If you spend 3 years as a community organizer, create a voter registration drive thatÂ registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional LawÂ professor,Â spend 8 years as a State Senator representing aÂ district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the stateÂ Senate’s Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state ofÂ 13 million peopleÂ while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs,Â Environment and Public Works and Veteran’s Affairs committees, youÂ don’t have any real leadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20Â months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you’re qualified to become the country’s second highest ranking executive.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you’re not a real Christian.
* If you cheated onÂ your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you’re a Christian.
* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber ofÂ society.
* If, while governor, you staunchly advocateÂ abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in yourÂ state’s school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you’re very responsible.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, thenÂ gave that up to raise a family, your family’s values
don’t representÂ America’s.
* If your husband is nicknamed “First Dude”,Â with at least one DUI conviction and no college education, whoÂ didn’t register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of aÂ group that advocated the secession of Alaska from theÂ USA, your family isÂ extremely admirable.
Okay, much clearer now.